Living in rented property

Living in a rented property differs from living in your own property. You will need  to consider following:-

  • Insurance - Ensure you are covered not only for your own items but also any potential damage to your landlord's property. Countrywide's specialist tenants insurance is designed specifically for those living in rental properties.
  • Bills - Ensure your tenancy agreement stipulates who is responsible for which bills.
  • Maintenance - By law, landlords are responsible for any electricity, heating and gas problems and should provide assistance immediately.
  • Right of entry - In general a landlord will need to provide you with 24 hours notice and gain your permission if they wish to enter the property.
  • Pets - Some landlords won't allow pets so check out the situation before you move in.